Blake Shelton Makes Country History as Billboard’s #1
Blake Shelton Makes History as First Country Artist to Hit #1 on the Billboard Artist 100
After debuting at #1 on The Billboard 200 Album Chart last week with his new album Bringing Back the Sunshine Blake Shelton makes history as the first country music artist to hit #1 on the Billboard Artist 100. The chart, which factors in album and digital song sales, plus radio airplay, saw Blake rise from #19 to #1. “Neon Light,” the first single from the new album is Top 5 and climbing.
The four-time and reigning CMA Male Vocalist of the Year has 3 nominations for the upcoming CMA Awards including Entertainer of the Year, which he won in 2012, Male Vocalist and Single of the Year for “Mine Would Be You.”
He wrapped his sold-out Ten Times Crazier Tour 2014 — including performances at NYC’s Madison Square Garden as well, Chicago’s Wrigley Field Stadium playing to a capacity crowd of over 40,000 fans as only the fourth country artist to have ever played the iconic 100 year-old ball park and LA’s historic Hollywood Bowl. Celebrating thirteen years since his first single “Austin” hit the top of the country radio charts, Shelton holds 17 No. 1 singles to his credit, recently breaking his own record for most consecutive No. 1’s at country radio. With 12 singles, including five from his last album alone, Shelton has the most No.1’s in a row on the country radio charts by any artist.
Joining the ranks of the Grand Ole Opry as a member since 2010, Shelton has earned a host of awards and nominations throughout his career, including three new CMA Award nominations this year for Entertainer and Male Vocalist of the Year, along with Song of the Year for “Mine Would Be You.” Shelton will return as a coach for his seventh season of NBC’s Emmy winning reality competition series, The Voice, which premiered September 22nd.
• 3 RIAA certified Platinum albums
• 5 RIAA certified Gold albums
• 17 total No. 1 country singles
• 12 consecutive No. 1 country singles – The only country artist to achieve this in the monitored airplay era
• 7.6 million albums and 22.8 million singles sold
• Over 3.5 billion impressions in 2013
• Reigning CMA Male Vocalist of the year – 4 consecutive years
• 2013 CMA Album of the Year for Based On a True Story…
• Winning coach of NBC’s “The Voice” for 3 out of 6 seasons
– Posted by TawnyTucker CMTT