WHISNews21 was started 4 years ago by Frans Maritz an out of work down and out South African who had a dream of starting a News Network for Independent Music Artists like himself to get their news stories out to the world. WHISNews21 started off small with only 55 visitors during the first month but grew to over 1,000,000,000 visitors in 2016. The minimum visitors WHISNews21 has, as per their stats records, is not less than 500 per day plus almost a 1000 who follow the news daily which is not counted as daily visitors as they read the news directly in their email In boxes.
Frans Maritz was finally tracked down this morning having breakfast at a local coffee shop and to comment on the Goggle buyout. Maritz seemed shocked at first by the news and said it was the first he had heard about this and said to his knowledge he knows nothing about it. Maritz’s initial comment was, “Do you think if that was true I would be sitting here alone with my wife Cathy, if I just had $50 million dropped into my bank account? Let’s face it if that was true I would be getting calls from friends that have forgotten me and my cell phone would be buzzing off the table here. No it’s not true and you can take that to the bank.
After a few phone calls and a great cup of coffee we finally realized that this was all just another one of those April Fool Jokes and we were all caught hook line and sinker here. So please everyone, the rumors are not true there has been no buyout it is simply just another foolish April Fools joke. Maritz’s final comment on the matter was,”Why Pick On Me, I probably need that $50 more than most. If I did get it I would certainly have helped all the people, and there are at least a few, who have helped me make WHISNews21 so successful over the past 4 years, financially. I mean lets face it $50 million is so very much more than I would need to have a better life.”
Just to clear it up once more the rumors are completely untrue, business carries on this morning at WHISNews21 annd no, and we repeat no offer to purchase WHISNews21 by Goggle has been made and it has just been a April Fools joke played almost successfully played by someone out there, Was It You? If it was please let us now by making a comment on this special day April 1st, 2026
– EmailOutpost for WHISNews21 April Fool Joke
April Fools’ Day, the day prank lovers everywhere come out to show the best they’ve got, and the day the rest of us are reminded how not amusing most of those shenanigans end up being.
10. The Taco Liberty Bell, 1996. People love tacos and the Liberty Bell, but apparently not together. When the fast food chain announced via full-page newspaper ads that they’d purchased and renamed the national icon, a whole lot of protesting ensued. Taco Bell went public with their prank later in the day.
9. Playboy Romania’s wife beating instructions, 2000. The article that ran was titled “How to Beat Your Wife Without Leaving Marks” and written as if it had been penned by a police officer. The magazine’s deputy editor initially defended the piece. Playboy Enterprises soon stepped in and issued an international apology.
8. Hooters’ Toyota contest, 2001. A waitress who was told she’d win a Toyota if she sold the most beer was instead given a toy Yoda doll. She sued the restaurant and, according to her lawyer, got an undisclosed settlement that would enable her to “pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants.”
7. Murdered husband, 2013. A Tennessee woman called her sister in a panic and said, “Helen, I shot my husband, I’m cleaning up the mess, let’s go bury him in Blackwater.” Instead of rushing over with a shovel, Helen told another family member who in turn called the police. The prankster was taken into custody.
6. Athens Pollution Disaster, 1982. A broadcaster for the Greece’s National Radio Network called for a full evacuation of the center of Athens due to the high pollution levels. Chaos and 6-figure lawsuits followed.
5. Superglued Walmart toilet seat, 2011. In a prank attempt that had no chance of being funny, somebody put superglue on a toilet seat in a Walmart public restroom. The unfortunate victim required the assistance of several emergency crews and medical professionals.
4. Dihydrogen monoxide scare, 2013. Two morning radio show hosts announced that area residents had dihydrogen monoxide coming out of their faucets. While those who took a moment to Google the term learned that it meant water, most didn’t and soon the local utilities were flooded with panicked calls. The duo was quickly removed from the air, but put back on 2 days later.
3. Romanian Prison Release, 2000. After reading a piece in a newspaper, 60 people thought their friends and loved ones were getting out of prison. They arrived, only to be told, ‘April Fools’.
2. Racially offensive office prank. Somehow, a group of grown professionals thought it would be hilarious draw one of their coworkers as a drug-addicted monkey and they post it for all to see.
1. Erupting Hill in Boston, 1980. With some clever edits, broadcasters from a local television station were able to convince people that a hill was erupting like a volcano. The April Fools part of their prank didn’t come until the end of the segment. It was too late, as viewers had already started to react as if it were real.
What’s the biggest April Fools prank fail you’ve ever heard of ?