Elvis Death – Short facts about the death of Elvis Presley:
Elvis Presley´s death time: About 9.00 – 10.00 a.m. – August 16, 1977.
Elvis was found death on the floor of his bathroom at Graceland by Ginger Alden at 14.00 p.m. According to the medical investigator, Elvis Presley had “stumbled or crawled several feet before he died”. He was officially pronounced dead at 3:30 p.m. at the Baptist Memorial Hospital.
Elvis Presley´s funeral – Elvis death
Elvis death body was placed in a family crypt in Memphis on 18 August 1977. On 29 August 1977, however, an attempt was made to steal the body but the plan failed and three men were charged with trespassing and released on bond. Because of this incident, Vernon Presley, received approval from the Memphis Adjustment Board to allow reinterment of the bodies of Elvis and his mother Gladys Presley to the Meditation Garden behind Graceland, which took place on 2 October 1977.
Elvis Presley´s autopsy after his death
Elvis family agreed to an autopsy, and it was performed at Baptist Memorial Hospital. Dr. Jerry Francisco, the medical examiner that signed the death certificate, announced that the preliminary autopsy findings discovered cardiac arrhythmia, or an irregular and ineffective heart beat. Elvis died of natural causes, heart. He also said that, “there was no indication of any drug abuse of any kind.
In 1994, the autopsy into the death of Elvis was re-opened. ‘There is nothing,’ said coroner Dr Joseph Davis, ‘in any of the data that supports a death from drugs. In fact, everything points to a sudden, violent heart attack.’ A few years ago, Dr Nick re-examined a selection of x-rays taken of Elvis at the Baptist Hospital during the 70s. Now, he thinks, Elvis must really have been feeling a lot of the pain they thought at the time was a junkie stunt: he may have been suffering from degenerative arthritis.
Elvis Presley´s cause of death and drugs
We do know that Elvis Presley suffered from an enlarged colon from his bad dietary habits, however, as well as suffering from the onset of glaucoma a chronic insomnia that had followed him around for years and migraine. Recent medical analysis suggests Elvis may have also suffered from rheumatoid arthritis, about which more is known today.
After the initial autopsy, tissue samples were sent to laboratories around the country. Independently, they confirmed high levels of some drugs, some at near-lethal doses, in Elvis’ body.
1. Valium = Diazepam = Benzodiazepine(all the same drug but different name) > Sleeping Pills
2. Demerol = Pethidin = Dolantin(all the same drug but different name) > Painkillers > Migraine…..
3. Ethinamat > Sleeping Pills
4. Methaqualone = Parest = Quaalude(all the same drug but different name) > Sleeping Pills
5. Sinutab > Against sniff
6. Codeine > The day before Elvis got it from his dentist
Only 2 drugs were found in very high dosage Methaqualone and Codeine.
Methaqualone is a sedativedrug that is similar in effect to barbiturates, a general CNSdepressant. It was used in the 1960s and 1970s as an hypnotic, for the treatment of insomnia, and as a sedative and muscle relaxant.
Usual effects include relaxation, euphoria, and drowsiness, also reducing heart rate, respiration, increased sexual arousal (aphrodisia) and parasthesias (Numbness of the fingers and toes). Larger doses can bring about depression, muscular miscoordination, slurred speech, headache and photophobia (pain in the eyes when exposed to light).
An overdose can cause delirium, convulsions, hypertonia, hyperreflexia, vomiting, renal insufficiency, coma, and deaththrough cardiac or respiratory arrest. It resembles barbiturate poisoning, but with increased motor difficulties and a lower incidence of cardiac or respiratory depression. Toxicity is treated with diazepam and sometimes other anticonvulsants.
Elvis took those very strong sleeping pills in very high dosage over years, he was addictive for sure!
My opinion: It´s very simple. The sleeping pills killed Elvis Presley over the years!
It has also been suggested that the codeine the dentist gave him that day resulted in an anaphylactic shock that assisted in his death. (He had suffered allergic reactions to the drug previously.)