Trace Adkins Releases “Watered Down” off New Album ‘Something’s Going On’
If you’ve led the kind of life I’ve led, at some point you have to temper your vices
Trace Adkins always has something going on. It is that constant motion and creative diversity that has fueled his latest music, the much-anticipated forthcoming and aptly titled Something’s Going On – his 12th studio album – scheduled for release on March 31st. Something’s Going On marks Adkins’ first album release on his new label, BBR Music Group / Wheelhouse Records. Although the first single off Something’s Going On, “Watered Down,” will go to Country radio on March 13th, fans can view the lyric video featuring Adkins enjoying a simpler life and slower pace on his Nashville farm.
“When I first heard ‘Watered Down’ I felt an immediate connection with what I wanted to say. A man comes to a point in his life where he begins to reflect on his past and what he’s learned and that’s what fueled this song,” shares Adkins. “If you’ve led the kind of life I’ve led, at some point you have to temper your vices.”
It’s been four years since Adkins’ last studio album Love Will… released in 2013, which debuted in the top ten on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart, and fans have eagerly awaited this follow up ever since. Some of Nashville’s favorite and most respected songwriters contributed to the range and inspiration of Something’s Going On, boasting credits such as Tyler Farr, Craig Campbell and Shane McAnally to name a few.
Something’s Going On:
1. “Ain’t Just The Whiskey Talkin’” (Terry McBride, Brett Beavers)
2. “Jesus And Jones” (Tyler Farr, Jim McCormick, Casey Beathard)
3. “Watered Down” (Matt Jenkins, Trevor Rosen, Shane McAnally)
4. “Something’s Going On” (Chris Cavanaugh, Mark Stephen Jones)
5. “If Only You Were Lonely” (Jon Coleman, Troy Johnson)
6. “Gonna Make You Miss Me” (Tommy Lee James, Matt Nolan, Andrew Dorff)
7. “I’m Gone” (Craig Campbell, Max T. Barnes)
8. “Country Boy Problems” (Tommy Lee James, Josh Osborne)
9. “Lit” (Mickey Jack Cones, Monty Criswell, Derek George)
10. “Still A Soldier” (Phil O’Donnell, Wade Kirby)
11. “Whippoorwills And Freight Trains” (Phil O’Donnell, Jeff Middleton, Brandon Kinney)
12. “Hang” (Lynn Hutton, Phil O’Donnell)
With new music already being rehearsed, Adkins’ 2017 Tour will launch on February 4th in Orlando, Fla., with 30 dates initially announced and VIP packages available for select tour dates. As a gift to his fans, Adkins is offering a physical copy of Something’s Going On with each ticket order. Visit http://www.traceadkins.com for full details.