South African Artists

An Update On Bobby Angel’s Hearing Problems

BobbyAngelWHISNews21An Update On Bobby Angel’s Hearing Problems

I am pleased to tell you that Bobby, is doing great and he is thoroughly enjoying his break from live shows and he is currently working in the studio, completing his new CD, which promises to be his best ever. Bobby is currently still on medication for his hearing problem, which seems to be caused by some kind of inner ear infection. He sends his love and best wishes to all his wonderful friends and dear fans, who mean the world to him – Billy Forrest.

Bobby Angel (Robert  Englishman on 30 December 1936 in Johannesburg )

BobbyAngelWHISNews21bBobby Angel is a well-known South African country singer, radio and TV star, with many hits under his belt he still performs regularly at festivals in and around South Africa.

One of Bobby’s biggest hits was a cover version of a Waylon Jennings/Billy Shaver song “You Asked Me To” which went straight to number one on the Springbok Radio Top20, the official South African Chart show, in March of 1975.  Another Top 5 hit for Bobby was “Green Eyed Angel” in July of 1976. But it was Bobby’s version of “You Asked Me To” that laid down the foundation that would eventually place him firmly in the South African Country Music book of legends.

Bobby Angel has officially been nominated to be Inducted into the IDSS Hall Of Fame before the end of the year. This international Hall Of Fame is recognized worldwide as the official South African IDSS Hall Of Fame.

– Frans Maritz WHISNews21

Discussion

13 thoughts on “An Update On Bobby Angel’s Hearing Problems

1. hI Bobby, My father Bill Bronkhorst was a family friend in Germiston in the 50’s . I live in the UK and have some of you CD’s that I play regularly. Hope you are keeping well
    Carma.

Posted by carma | March 5, 2017, 6:57 am
    • Hi my name is Sheila Mccubbin. I knew Bobby and his wife In early Seventies. Bryce and I used to go to see him at Taylor’s Travel lodge. With Ashley Kelly on base? Bobby and I share a birthday. I am visiting South Africa now and would love to get in touch. We were very good friends. Sheila McCubbin mobile. 0827148811. If someone could let him know I am trying to get in touch.

Posted by Sheila Mccubbin | November 23, 2017, 1:26 am
  2. I have followed Uncle Bobby Angel ever since he started singing as from chldhood. I even have a very special song of which i sang to my daughter “Mamma dont let yr babies grow up to cowboys” This song gave me a great deal of inspiration to this day. I wish i could meet u in person and attend one of yr shows that would be a great honour and a priveledge! God bless u. You have really inspired me through all these years.

Posted by Timmy Mahon 078 799 1148 | February 23, 2017, 3:06 pm
  3. I think you are all great artist and you all are an inspiration to my soul. God bless and have a wonderfull live

Posted by paul berning | November 28, 2016, 11:39 pm
  4. Hi Bobby,
    Hope you get well soon. My fianse who was also a musician passed away at the young age of 66 on 01 August 2016 enjoyed your music so much and used to sing Green eyed angel a lot. I wish I could send you just a clip of his guitar music. He was 76% deaf his greatest wish was to make cd’s but had no funds to do so.

Wish all the best. God bless and I will pray for you.

Annetjie – Odendaalsrus – Free State

Posted by Annetjie | October 14, 2016, 11:53 am
  5. Bobby Angel, you still and always will have a twinkle in your eyes. Love your voice. Hope you never stop singing. Thank you for many hours of easy listening.

Posted by Marlene | September 7, 2016, 6:57 am
  6. Bobby Angel (Robert Engelsman) Not Englishman
    From his sister Rona Engelsman

Posted by Rona | March 31, 2016, 6:55 am
  7. Bobby we miss you. Your the greatest star SA has ever known

Posted by Rona | March 31, 2016, 6:29 am
  8. I am also a big Bobby fan and have most of his cd’s. I have the song you are referring to on one of them. He is one of the best SA will ever have

Posted by Wikus Eksteen | August 26, 2015, 3:25 am
  9. Hi there!

My boyfriend (now 28) recalls a Bobby Angel song from his childhood…Margarita…it was played over and over again on a cassette in the family car and we’re now in search of it! A Youtube search has proved fruitless so the only copy we have is his great aunt’s worn-out cassette from the 90’s. Please advise if there is some way to get our hands on this song (his own rendition is definitely not doing the original justice!)

Many thanks and kind regards,
    Laura

Posted by laura | October 19, 2014, 12:24 pm

On behalf of the Independent Artists Worldwide we thank you for taking time out to comment on this article, we all appreciate it very much

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Enter your email address to follow your news and receive notifications of Breaking News

Visitors in Last 10 Minutes